NEW: Job opening for researcher for indoor localization using wireless IoT technology
The "WAVES" research group is the expertise center of the Department of Information Technology of Ghent University/iMinds in Belgium for physical-layer research of advanced wireless networks.
Indoor localization and tracking systems have gained huge interest because of the many context-aware applications that have emerged lately. These applications are situated in domains such as the healthcare, the industry, and the cultural sector. The innovations taking place in the context of the Internet of Things (IoT) enable us with opportunities for indoor localization.
Important research domains in the context of wireless localization are:
- Localization with low-power wide area IoT networks using LoRa, SigFox technology
- designed to support Internet-of-Things applications
- Visible light positioning VLP, visible light communication VLC
- Physical layer localization using heterogeneous wireless technologies
- Angle-of-Arrival-based vs. Time-of-Arrival-based vs. RSSI-based localization
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates to perform research in the domains above in both national and international European projects. Candidates with a Master degree in Electrical engineering, computer engineering, and Physics engineering qualify for this research job. Experience is not necessary but interest in wireless communications is a definite plus.
What do we offer? We offer a pleasant work climate within a young dynamic team and the possibility of obtaining a PhD. If you are interested in joining our research team, address your application letter and curr. vitae to: